Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baltimoron of the week: Dale E. Beecher

The Baltimore Ravens have a new autograph policy at training camp this year. Players will now sign autographs for children only after morning practices and autographs will not be available after afternoon practices. President Dick Cass said crowds at morning practices have become so large that there have been concerns about safety with people pushing to get close to players. He said now more children will have the chance to get autographs."We have considered changing the way we do autograph signings for a few years," Cass said. "Our crowds for the morning practices have become so large that we’ve had safety situations with people pushing each other to try and get closer to the players. Often times, children would be put in difficult positions with the rush for autographs, especially from our most popular players."
WBAL-TV 11 Facebook fan Dale E. Beecher wrote, "That's not right! I can see guaranteeing children getting autographs, but don't turn away other fans!"

First of all, I wholeheartedly agree with this new policy. There is nothing more sad than grown men pining over another grown man scribbling on a piece of paper. And what is the saddest of all is seeing dudes in dudes in purple camo pants pushing kids out of the way to get Troy Smith's signature. That is why you sir, Dale E. Beecher, who is want to write his opinions about this on WBAL's facebook page (you got a lot of free time buddy, but I guess I do to), are this week's Baltimoron. You feel you are being unfairly "turned away"?? You know why I don't have a problem with this... because I loved getting signatures when I was a kid, still love to look at them, but ever since I graduated high school I realized I had more important things in my life to worry about than someone putting ink on paper for me. Maybe you should focus your time on finding something else to aspire to achieve, like daily activities (a job perhaps) that keep you from needing football autographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment